Powered By Blogger

Thursday, October 18, 2007

Reconnected and It's time to fly


This week has been an absolute whirlwind. I flew to CA for my Dad's service and then got back on Monday. I heard many things about my Dad that I never knew. Two of his friends from the National Guard where there and talked about my Dad as a young man. They have known him since 1963. That was really neat. He was really liked by so many people, for so many different things. It's so strange to think of my Dad's life in so many different "chapters" but that is what hearing everything was like. The service was really nice. I'm so happy that my Mom was there with me. We had some really nice talks with my Dad's wife and my Aunt. It was really healing for me in many ways to be there. The loss of my Dad still really hasn't sunk in and I'm sure it won't for awhile. But I believe that my Dad left us all with a few "gifts." I reconnected with my brother for the first time in years, which would have made my Dad so very happy. I was also able to get in touch with my cousins which was wonderful. Death has a strange way of bringing people together. I just hope that I can really reach out and keep in touch with my family. Because when it comes down to it, that is all that really matters.

And then life goes on. It was so nice to get home to Ryan and the kids. This was the first time I have ever been away from Jake. I missed all of my boys so much. Sean's preschool class took a field trip to the pumpkin patch this week. We had a really fun time. The boys loved petting the kittens, checking out the elk and watching the goats jump on picnic tables. My kids keep me going and smiling and tired too but that's part of the package.



Well, now I am off tomorrow to San Francisco for the Nike Women's Marathon. Is it really happening? Of course. Finally. I have been training since May and I don't know if I ever thought this day would come. I'm nervous, excited and anxious about the race this weekend. I know it's going to be a great time with all of the family and friends that will be there. I'm going to be sore on Sunday but it is going to be so worth it. I reached and exceeded my fundraising goal of $3,800 this week and thank you to every single person to donated to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society on my behalf and thank you to those who watched my kids so I could train, (you know who you are.) Knowing that you all believe in me is going to help me reach the finish line. Thank you, thank you, thank you. See you after the race.

No comments: