Powered By Blogger

Thursday, May 03, 2007

Well, Sean is feeling better. Ian is doing okay but Jake is still fighting a yucky tummy. But boy, he just keeps smiling. He is something else. Not that I needed more reason to thank God every day for my boys but I have another one. A little over a month ago Adam & Carmel sent me a link about a little boy in Sacramento with congenital acute myeloid leukemia (AML)and his families struggle to find a match for a bone marrow donor. I've been following his story through his parents blog and website

http://www.caringbridge.org/cb/inputSiteName.do?method=search&siteName=trevorkott
http://www.trevorkott.com/index.html

Little Trevor lost his fight with leukemia on April 25, 2007. He was only six months old. I look at Jake especially, being so young, and I just can't imagine the struggles that this family has gone through. I have decided that I am going to run in memory of Trevor. I am going to try to reach out to his family and ask them if it is okay with them. Especially if I can put his links on my TNT site.

So I ran tonight. 3 miles in 45:22...It got hard at the end but I'm still really happy about it! Tomorrow off and Saturday I think I have 4-6.....good Lord. I can do this for me, my kids and a little boy that I never knew

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

GOOD GIRL! I ran 3 with you today, so I guess I will run 4-6 on Saturday too :-) What a sad story about little Trevor. I thank God for my healthy little ones too. We are so blessed!