Powered By Blogger

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Resolutions, renewal

I don't know if I really believe or understand New Year's resolutions. I like the idea of renewal or maybe reinvention. In the same sense as Spring or a going back to school sense. Starting over...

renew (v): to repeat so as to reaffirm; revive; to replenish; to bring into being again, reestablish; to start over

resilience (adj): the ability to recover quickly from illness, change, or misfortune. Reinvention is a never ending process. It’s the daily, on-going pursuit of personal growth and fulfillment – a path that ultimately leads to more rewards and greater responsibilities.

Do I have things I want to resolve for 2009? Certainly. What are they? I'll get back to you when I figure them out. In the meantime I am still praying for the next step of our lives to hurry up and arrive. So while we are waiting for an offer to arrive and decisions about a potential move I am also awaiting these titles at the library and hoping I will get some clarity.

Eliminate Chaos: The 10-Step Process to Organize Your Home and Life

This Year I Will...: How to Finally Change a Habit, Keep a Resolution, or Make a Dream Come True

The Life Organizer: A Woman's Guide to a Mindful Year

"You see, it’s not the obstacles or challenges we face that keep us from succeeding. It’s our inability or unwillingness to learn from those things that allow us to be defeated"

2 comments:

Lindi Ben said...

I like how you posted the definitions. Now the definition of life might actually be chaos. Happy New Year!

A house in chaos said...

You are completely right about the chaos! Sounds like you guys had a blast with the snow. Hope everyone is feeling better now. Happy New Year!