Powered By Blogger

Saturday, September 08, 2007

I want to be a farmer when I grow up

So Ryan is out to town again...in Vegas for 5 days...poor guy. No really, I mean it. He doesn't like Vegas. He doesn't gamble and has only been there for work. Trade shows no less....oh well maybe some day in the far future just he and I can go and I'll show him that it really a cool place. I think he and the other Ryan he is with might just try to get tickets to the Badger game out there tonight...that is probably the only way we could get tickets since they are always sold out here in Madison...So the kids and I went to Epplegarten this morning, otherwises known as "our farm." We get out the of the car and Sean says "Ah Mom, it's good to be back here. I love this farm." And Ian of course agreed with him. I just love this farm. It is so beautiful and so very close. We usually pick apples but I didn't want to venture into the orchard with only me supervising the kids....I don't know if we all would have come back out...so we picked 2 pints of raspberries. Probably was more like 3 but Ian usually eats 2 for every 1 that makes it in the basket. We also bought some apples at their "farm" store because they are just the best....The boys saw that the pumpkins are growing there and asked if ours were ready yet. I explained that Mommy planted pumpkins late this year (I really did) and ours were just flowering so we should have "baby pumpkins" soon....I planted big ole' jack-o-lantern pumpkins and little mini baby boos too....I really hope we get some by Halloween. I also planted green beans and corn too...(yes we live in the suburbs but I really am a farmer at heart) My Babcia would be so proud. Anyway, Grumpy, oh I mean Sean just woke up from his nap so it's hot chocolate time...oh and I am so exicted that I have a friend coming over the watch the boys tomorrow morning so I can do my 14 miles...race is only 42 days away....

No comments: