Powered By Blogger

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Knit through my thoughts

Well, I am going to start a very challenging project. Knitting calms me down. It forces me to focus on the project at hand. I can see my results immediately (or see my mistakes immediately and rip them out and start again) either way it is gratifying. I am tyring to figure out a lot right now and I'm hoping that this project will help me sort through things, one piece at a time. Plus making this for someone who really understands and appreciates how much time, love, sweat, blood and probably tears goes into it makes it worthwhile.

I've conquered socks, gloves, hats, scarves, loads of baby blankets. It's time to move on to the big one! I am going to knit a sweater for my husband, or try to the best of my abilities. I am working on the Inishturk Sweater along with the Lion Brand Knit Along. I just bought the yarn today and went with the Oatmeal color. I am going to start my gauge swatch tonight and seen where I end up.

It may end up being a bunch of scarves, gloves and hats but here we go!

2 comments:

Autumn said...

Good luck!! I taught myself how to start knitting but I never know what to do after I get through a few rows of stitching. Some day (when I have the time and energy) I'll take an actual class or get my aunt to send me info or something so that I can actually knit. Lol.

~Autumn

Missy | Literal Mom said...

Whoa - good luck. Keep us posted. Another blogger I "know" does a lot of knitting - Owl in the Library. :)